Crystal Quest Water Softener Fluoride Multistage Whole House Water Filter System
TANK 1: REMOVE HIGH LEVELS OF FLUORIDE IN YOUR WATER, WHILE ALSO REDUCING LEAD & ARSENIC.
Crystal Quest® Fluoride Water Filters are utilizing high capacity Eagle Activated Charcoal Fluoride Removal Media - Bone char carbon is a unique carbonaceous adsorbent manufactured from the treatment and carbonization of selected grades of animal bone and is used for liquid phase filtration to remove organic and inorganic species such as color bodies and many heavy metals. Bone char is different from activated carbon in that it contains both carbon surface area and hydroxyapatite lattice surface area and is produced from aged bone for better efficiency. This media has good absorption of various heavy metals and maintains alkalinity in adsorbate. It is physically stable and can be used over a wide pH range with the filtered pH generally being increased. The resulting pH will vary based on existing water conditions.
TANK 2: SMART WATER FILTRATION
In addition to the the specialty Fluoride Removal filter, this SMART Series system provides Filtration & a Balanced pH. SMART Filters use our special house blend known as SMART Multimedia, which includes 2 types of coconut shell Granulated Activated Carbons (Standard & Catalytic GAC) infused with our Eagle Redox Alloys® 6500 & 9500, and ion exchange resin to reduce contaminants such as heavy metals, i.e. lead & mercury, chlorine, chloromine, & inorganic products such as herbicides, pesticides, petroleum/pharmaceutical by-products and achieve a balanced pH. To read about how GAC's work, click here. To read about the ERA® Oxidation/Reduction Process, click here.
TANK 3: SOFTENER
Remove hardness from water with a Softener: The added softener capability conditions hard water to achieve the clearest, softest, Fluoride-free water. Water is hard when it contains minerals like calcium and magnesium. You may see staining on your sinks, tubs, showers, and clothing. You may also notice less lather from your shampoos and soaps and even a feeling of film on your skin. All these are symptoms of the need for softened water.
WATER TRAVELS THROUGH 7 STAGES OF FILTRATION
- Stage 1: Water flows through a 20" sediment cartridge that removes sediment, silt, sand and dirt. This stage extends the life of water softeners and water filters, and prevents damage to control valves or pumps.
- Stage 2: Water flows through an ion exchange mineral tank and brine water conditioner.
- Stage 3: Water flows through a fluoride reducing mineral tank containing our Eagle Activated Charcoal Fluoride Removal Media specifically designed to have a high affinity for Fluoride, Lead and Arsenic. It removes metals through a mixture of adsorption and chemical reaction with the media; therefore, the elimination is not reliant on ion exchange. It has uniform particle size, is physically stable and can be used over a wide pH range. Also effectively removes lead and arsenic. In addition, we add our medias, ERA® 6500 & 9500 to prevent bacteria growth.
- Stage 4, 5, & 6: Water flows through our SMART Multimedia, which includes 2 types of coconut shell Granulated Activated Carbons (Standard & Catalytic GAC) infused with our Eagle Redox Alloys® 6500 & 9500, and ion exchange resin to reduce contaminants such as heavy metals, i.e. lead & mercury, chlorine, chloromine, & inorganic products such as herbicides, pesticides, petroleum/pharmaceutical by-products and achieve a balanced pH.
- Stage 7: Water flows through a 20" solid carbon cartridge for removing volatile organic carbon compounds (VOC's, insecticides, pesticides and industrial solvents).*