Crystal Quest Water Softener, Nitrate, and Multistage Whole House Water Filter System 48,000 Grain Capacity/1.5 Cu. Ft./750,000 Gallon Capacity
- Tank 2: SMART Water Filtration
To read about how GAC's work, click here.
To read about the ERA® Oxidation/Reduction Process, click here.
Water travels through 7 stages of filtration:
- Stage 1: Water flows through a 20" sediment filter cartridge that removes sediment, silt, sand and dirt. Also extends the life of water softener, water filters, and prevents damage to control valves or pumps.
- Stage 2: Water flows through an ion exchange mineral tank and brine water conditioner.
- Stage 3: Water flows through a Nitrate reducing mineral tank and brine water conditioner. In addition, we add our medias, ERA® 6500 & 9500 to prevent bacteria growth.
- Stage 4, 5 & 6: SMART Multimedia, which includes 2 types of coconut shell Granulated Activated Carbons (Standard & Catalytic GAC) infused with our Eagle Redox Alloys® 6500 & 9500, and ion exchange resin to reduce contaminants such as heavy metals, i.e. lead & mercury, chlorine, chloromine, & inorganic products such as herbicides, pesticides, petroleum/pharmaceutical by-products and achieve a balanced pH.
- Stage 7: Water flows through a 20" solid carbon cartridge for removing volatile organic carbon compounds (VOC's), insecticides, pesticides and industrial solvents.*