Crystal Quest Guardian Whole House Water Filter CQE-WH-03101
|Home Water Usage||1-3 Bathrooms||2-4 Bathrooms|
|Filter Media Volume||1.5 cubic feet||2.0 cubic feet|
|Service Flow (GPM)||9-11||10-13|
|Tank Dimensions||10" x 54"||12" x 52"|
Water Travels Through 3 Stages of Filtration
- Stage 1 - Water flows through two 2 types of coconut shell Granulated Activated Carbons (Premium & Catalytic GAC). These are meant to reduce contaminants such as heavy metals, i.e. lead & mercury, chlorine, chloramine, & inorganic products such as herbicides, pesticides, and petroleum/pharmaceutical by-products.
- Stage 2 - The GAC is infused with our Eagle Redox Alloys® 6500 to prevent and reduce the potential growth of bacteria and algae.
- Stage 3 - Water flows through a 10” Carbon Block cartridge that removes VOCs (like commercial/industrial solvents, cleaners, paints, & dyes) and leaves you with the cleanest tasting water.
*If present in the water
How to Determine Capacity
Capacity is the amount of water your filter creates clean water for your home. An easier way to think of it is how many bathrooms you have.
- 750,000 capacity equals 1-3 bathrooms
- 1,000,000 capacity equals 2-4 bathrooms
Water Without Breaking the Bank
The tank holds a large amount of water filtration carbon media, increasing the overall performance and lifespan of the filter. When it comes time to replace the media, every 5-10 years, simply replace the media inside the tank. There is no additional plumbing required and no need to replace the entire tank. The system requires no electricity.
- Great tasting, healthier water for drinking and cooking
- Crystal clear ice cubes
- Flavorful coffee, tea, mixes, and meals
- Ideal for baby formula, pasta, and soups
- Great for pet and plant water, aquariums
- Unlimited clean water supply to your kitchen, bath, and laundry
- No heavy cooler bottles to lift
- Clean water for steam irons, humidifiers, and household cleaning
It is a well-known fact that people should drink eight glasses of water a day to help maintain a healthy lifestyle. With Crystal Quest Whole House Water Filters, you get delicious, refreshing, safe, top-quality drinking water.
Crystal Quest Guardian Series Whole House Water Filters are engineered for maximum filtration and maximum performance with minimum maintenance.
*Salt-Free Water Softener (Optional)
Water passes through an anti-scale media and without a brine solution there is no need to backwash. This process neutralizes the minerals instead of removing them, allowing water to flow freely through your system without sticking to your pipes, dishes, or you! If you have a hardness level of 25 GPG or higher please speak with a water specialist for a recommendation.
Additional Product Options
- Leak Detector Valve: Used to detect a water leak within a water filter system and shuts down the water supply to prevent flooding.
- 12 GPM UltraViolet Water Sterilizer: Specifically designed to meet the demanding microorganism control concern. These microorganisms can range from bacteria and viruses to algae and protozoa. A major advantage of UV treatment is that it is capable of disinfecting water faster than chlorine without cumbersome retention tanks and harmful chemicals to your drinking water.
*Salt Free Softener Description
Water Travels Through 4 Stages of Filtration
- Stage 1: Water flows through a 20” sediment filter cartridge that removes sediment, silt, sand, and dirt.
- Stage 2: Water flows through a Crystal Quest Eagle Anti-Scale media tank.
- Stage 3: Water flows through a 20” solid carbon cartridge for removing volatile organic carbon compounds (VOCs), insecticides, pesticides, and industrial solvents.*
- Stage 4: Water passes through a 20” 0.2-micron ultrafiltration (UF) membrane. Ultrafiltration (UF) is an important purification technology used for the production of high-purity water. UF is effective for the removal of colloids, proteins, bacteria, viruses, parasites, protozoa and pyrogens (e.g., gram-negative bacterial endotoxins), other organic molecules larger than 0.2-micron, and most other water contaminants known today.
* If present in the water
Salt-Free Water Softener
Crystal Quest® Saltless Water Softener is a new technology that transforms the calcium (hardness) of the water into mechanically stable and heat resistant calcite crystals (nanometer size) which no longer cause lime deposits. The calcium is simply rinsed away.
Calcium (hardness) creates scale in pipes, on appliances, and other plumbing surfaces. This leads to higher heating and energy costs and expensive repairs to appliances. Scale can also be a source for bacteria to grow, which can be a health concern in drinking water applications. It also removes the already existing scale from pipes and heat exchanger surfaces (descaling effect) and further protects the system from the future formation of scale (scale protection effect).
When hardness levels appear at 25 gpg (grains per gallon) or higher pre-treatment or additional media may be required. Please consult a specialist for this condition.
Removal of Existing Calcium Deposits
The calcium crystals which are rinsed away by the water cannot attach to any surfaces but, due to the nanostructure of the crystals, they have a function similar to the Crystal Quest® Eagle® Anti-Scale Media. It binds additional calcium to itself and therefore breaks the grid binding structure of the calcium deposits. The result is that even after a short time large pieces of deposits are removed. This process continues until the surface is free from deposits.
Formation of a Corrosion-Preventing Layer
After the old calcium deposits are removed, a 30- to 80-micron thick corrosion-preventing layer is formed. This layer forms because of the reaction of the nano surface of the crystals and the metallic surface of the pipes. This is comparable to the green layer of verdigris on a copper roof. As soon as the protective layer is formed it can no longer grow bigger, but it creates complete protection.
A dosing for permanent hardness may be required as a pretreatment for anti-scale in some hard waters. With an Anti-Scale/Saltless Conditioner, you will totally eliminate the use of salt and wastewater that comes along with backwashing, while still providing your home with comfortable, soft-feeling water. Used as an alternative to salt-based softeners, Eaglesorb ES3 scale control media prevents the negative effects of calcium and magnesium while allowing the positive health benefits to remain.
Softener media may be required as a pretreatment for anti-scale in some hard waters. With a softener, you will totally eliminate the use of salt and wastewater that comes along with backwashing, while still providing your home with comfortable, soft-feeling water. Used as an alternative to salt-based softeners, Eaglesorb ES3 scale control media prevents the negative effects of calcium and magnesium while allowing the positive health benefits to remain.