Crystal Quest Water Softener and Fluoride Whole House Water Filter System 48,000 Grain Capacity/1.5 Cu. Ft.
TANK 1: REMOVE HIGH LEVELS OF FLUORIDE IN YOUR WATER, WHILE ALSO REDUCING LEAD & ARSENIC.
Crystal Quest® Fluoride Water Filters are utilizing high capacity Eagle Activated Charcoal Fluoride Removal Media - Bone char carbon is a unique carbonaceous adsorbent manufactured from the treatment and carbonization of selected grades of animal bone and is used for liquid phase filtration to remove organic and inorganic species such as color bodies and many heavy metals. Bone char is different from activated carbon in that it contains both carbon surface area and hydroxyapatite lattice surface area and is produced from aged bone for better efficiency. This media has good absorption of various heavy metals and maintains alkalinity in adsorbate. It is physically stable and can be used over a wide pH range with the filtered pH generally being increased. The resulting pH will vary based on existing water conditions.
TANK 2: REMOVE HARDNESS FROM WATER WITH A SOFTENER
The added softener capability conditions hard water to achieve the clearest, softest, Fluoride-free water. Water is hard when it contains minerals like calcium and magnesium. You may see staining on your sinks, tubs, showers, and clothing. You may also notice less lather from your shampoos and soaps and even a feeling of film on your skin. All these are symptoms of the need for softened water. Hard water also causes a higher risk of lime scale deposits in household water systems. The negative effect of lime scale buildup is that pipes are blocked and the efficiency of hot boilers and tanks is reduced. This increases the cost of domestic water heating by about fifteen to twenty percent. Another negative effect of lime scale is that it has damaging effects on household machinery, such as laundry machines. Water softening means expanding the lifespan of household machines, and the lifespan of pipelines. It also contributes to the improved working and longer lifespan of solar heating systems, air conditioning units and many other water-based applications.
- This system provides for the removal of Fluoride, as well as Lead & Arsenic in your water while softening water hardness. If you would like clear, filtered water & a balanced pH in addition to this system, click here.
WATER TRAVELS THROUGH 4 STAGES OF FILTRATION:
- Stage 1: Water flows through a 20" sediment cartridge that removes sediment, silt, sand and dirt. Also extends the life of water softeners and water filters, and prevents damage to control valves or pumps.
- Stage 2: Water flows through an ion exchange mineral tank and brine water conditioner.
- Stage 3: Water flows through a fluoride reducing mineral tank containing our Eagle Activated Charcoal Fluoride removal media specifically designed to have a high affinity for Fluoride, Lead and Arsenic. It removes metals through a mixture of adsorption and chemical reaction with the media; therefore, the elimination is not reliant on ion exchange. It has uniform particle size, is physically stable and can be used over a wide pH range. Also effectively removes lead and arsenic.
- Stage 4: Water flows through a 20" solid carbon cartridge for removing volatile organic carbon compounds (VOC's, insecticides, pesticides and industrial solvents).*
Additional Product Options:
- Leak Detector Valve
- UltraViolet: Specifically designed to meet the demanding microorganism control concern. These microorganisms can range from bacteria and viruses to algae and protozoa. A major advantage of UV treatment is that it is capable of disinfecting water faster than chlorine without cumbersome retention tanks and harmful chemicals to your drinking water.