Crystal Quest Acid Neutralizing Whole House Water Filter System 1.5 Cu. Ft.
- Neutralize Acid in Your Drinking Water: Crystal Quest® Whole House Acid Neutralizing Water Filters contain naturally occurring, crushed and screened white marble, calcium carbonate media. It is used to neutralize acidic or low pH waters to a neutral, less corrosive effluent. The media slowly dissolves over time and will need to be re-filled about every 2-3 years, depending on the amount of water you use, and the pH of your raw water entering the unit. When acid pH water (below 6.8) is passed through the filter, calcium carbonate neutralizer is slowly dissolved into the water, increasing the pH to a neutral level. An automatic backwashing cleans the bed and prevents compaction.
- Stage 1: Water flows through a 20” sediment cartridge that removes sediment, silt, sand and dirt.
- Stage 2: Water flows through an ACID NEUTRALIZING FILTER media mineral tank with small amounts of our ERA® 6500 & 9500 to prevent bacteria growth.
- Stage 3: Water flows through a 20” solid carbon filter cartridge for removing volatile organic compounds (VOCs), insecticides, pesticides and industrial solvents.*
- This system is designed solely for neutralizing acid. If you would like clear, filtered water & a balanced pH in addition to your acid-neutralizing system, click here.
- Media may increase hardness in the water after it is neutralized. If you would like a softener AND filtered, balanced pH water in addition to this system, click here.